The Cultural Programs Division of the U.S. Department of State encourages cross-cultural understanding and collaboration by sharing the rich artistic traditions of the United States with foreign audiences. The division carries out a range of cultural exchange programs in visual arts, performing arts, film, arts education, arts management and cultural studies. Individual programs in each of these disciplines may range from public exhibitions and public performances to educational outreach activities. Some programs are supported through grants to U.S. non-profit arts and educational institutions as well as grants to individual cultural representatives.
- American Documentary Showcase
- American Film Program
- The Big Read Egypt/U.S.
- Carnegie Hall Musical Exchange
- Cultural Envoys
- Cultural Visitors
- DanceMotion USA
- International Documentary Filmmakers Fellowship
- International Writing Program (IWP)
- Museums & Community Collaborations Abroad
- Musical Overtures
- Performing Arts Initiative
- The Rhythm Road: American Music Abroad
- Traveling Exhibitions
- Visual Arts Initiative