Steps to Obtaining an Immigrant Visa
Follow the links below for a step-by-step guide to the immigrant visa process. This section does not apply to fiancé/K visas. See our Fiancé Visas section for more information.
- Step 1: File a Petition
- Step 2: Assemble Documents and Return Visa Forms
- Step 3: The Visa Interview Appointments
- Step 4: The Medical Examination
- Step 5: The Day of the Interview
- Step 6: The Visa Adjudication
- Step 7: After You Receive Your Visa
Remember, during the entire visa application and interview process, you must tell the truth and give complete and accurate information. If you do not, your visa will be delayed or you may be found ineligible for a visa that you may have qualified for otherwise.